Thanks for coming to StartupAcademy.org. We’re here to help you, but we’re also a very small team and Customer Support can get pretty overwhelming when people all over the world are using the site.
- Before opening a ticket, please review the following Frequently Asked Questions below.
- If your question is not answered, please submit a Customer Support enquiry in the box at the bottom of this page.
We’ll endevour to get back to you as soon as we possibly can. Thanks!
Do you still have a question? Shoot us an email below.
Is StartupAcademy.org free?
All Resources and News content are free. For 3 Step Start online learning offer a Discovery Pass which is free and only requires users to register their email to access the first 4 Speaker Sessions.
To access all content you will need to buy an All Access Pass for $10.99USD as a monthly subscription OR a Challenge Pass for $199USD where you will be mentored for 3 days. For more details go to Get Your Pass.
Where & When is the 3 Step Start program?
The 3 Step Start program is fully online and you can #juststart at anytime. All content is asynchronous, so like TV, it’s prerecorded. Which means that you can enjoy it from home or wherever you want. We’ll also let you know if or when any live chats or twitter feeds happen.
The Challenge Pass also allows you to do #3DayChallenge over 3 days with a help of a online mentor.
How can I contact startupacademy.org about a media or partnership opportunity?
How can i become an affiliate?
Easily! Simply register as a Network Partner your details on the affiliate sign up page https://www.startupacademy.org/join-network/
Our affiliate team will send you all you need to share the Idea Discovery and we really appreciate your support to get awesome outcomes here at startupacademy.org:
- Give your community access to resourceful tools to launch their ideas
- Easy to do: Beautiful images, banners, email, website and social media copy would be provided
- 20% on sales you generate when people buy the All Access Pass (for example earn $20 when people purchase the pass)
- No cost to register, just fill the form and come on board and we’ll send you details to access your own revenue dashboard
I can’t login. What do I do?
- You have to have registered for a ‘free access pass’ (which is different to just registering from the home page of the site). Go here to register for a free access pass if you haven’t done that yet.
- Note there is a link to a password reset at the bottom of the pop over or you can go to https://startupacademy.org/lost-password/ to reset your password. Enter your email address that you used to register for a ‘free access pass’. (If it says there is no registered user with that address, go to https://startupacademy.org/ and enter your email
- On password reset you will receive an email with the subject “3 Day Discovery Password Reset” from [email protected] . Click the link in that email. Create a new password. Then you will be redirected to the current live session and asked to login with the email and password that you just created. If not go here: https://www.startupacademy.org/sessions-journey/ Click on session you are interested and login.
- You should be in. If you’re still having troubles email us at [email protected] with your email address that you used and we will create a new password for you.
Can I host my own online event for my community or local hub?
Sure but for now, only during Global Entrepreneurship Week (#GEW2016) and Week 2 Global Startup Weekend 2016 (#GSW2016) 18-20 Nov. Our mission to help anyone anywhere access our content which is why the Idea Discovery program access will be free daily for Global Startup Weekend.
You can host for free and we encourage coworking and innovation hubs, especially where there are no Global Entrepreneurship events to signup to our affiliate program, it’ll help you pay for drinks and pizza: https://startupacademy.tapfiliate.com/
If time it’s too short notice, we welcome any hubs who would like to partner for future events or academies, simply go to https://www.startupacademy.org/get-started/
What happens after the Idea Discovery academy?
Those that complete the #3DayChallenge and pitch may then be invited to join the next 30 Day Incubator online academy. We follow the Discovery > Incubator > Accelerator method, so to continue their startup adventure, anyone may apply to progress to the next step. More details when each new batch opens and to apply, go to https://startupacademy.org/academies
I’ve lost my password. What do I do?
No problem, these things happen. Click https://www.startupacademy.org/forgot-password/ Or when prompted to login you’ll find a lost password link at the bottom of the popup login/register box.
How can i purchase my own copy of 3 Step Start?
We offer a Challenge Pass where anyone for $199USD can complete Idea Discovery in 3 days. However you can also purchase an All Access Pass subscription for $10.99USD which includes access to all videos, all interviews, presentations ‘on demand’ as well as perks whilst valid.
You can click on “Get Your Pass” link to go to the checkout and choose your pass.
Selecting “Buy as a Gift” means you will get a referral link which you can send to anyone as a digital gift (referral link appears on the confirmation pages).
I placed my ‘All Access Pass’ purchase order, but have not received a confirmation email with information about how to access my purchase. Is there a delay?
Your free access pass will automatically be upgraded to to a full access pass which means you can access the premium sections on each session page see any of the sessions that have already happened so far. Go to the schedule here https://www.startupacademy.org/sessions-journey/
Regarding not receiving the email, our system automatically generates a confirmation email and immediately sends it. There are a few common issues:
- You use Gmail and the email has landed in your ‘Promotions’ tab.
- The email somehow landed in your Junk or Spam folder.
- You’ve marked one of our emails as Spam. When this happens, our system is forbidden from sending any email communications to you. No hard feelings!
If you are still unable to find your confirmation email, please submit a support request in the contact form below
I missed one of the sessions before the 3Day (72-hour) viewing period ended. Is there any way I can still see it?
Sorry you missed it! Unfortunately, we must stick to our 3 Day Challenge schedule. Too see any missed presentations you can purchase an All Access Pass monthly subscription.
Help! I can’t get the videos to play or they are skipping/playing slowly.
There are many possible reasons for this issue:
- Try using a different web browser. e.g.. If you’re using Chrome, try Firefox. Check that you can see video ok, for instance news sites around the world like http://cnn.com, http://bbc.co.uk and http://smh.com.au
- The main cause is likely your internet connection speed. High-speed internet is a must for viewing streaming videos. We recommend a connection speed of no less than 10 Mbps (though the video stream can work at less than that). Most cable and DSL providers offer this as their base minimum. Satellite internet, though considered high speed, generally will skip and pause due to the time it takes for the data to travel to space and back to your computer. You can test your internet connection speed for free at speedtest.net.
- Pause or disconnect and sync services that may be running in the background such as Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, etc.
- Another main cause is the speed of your computer. Computers less than 3 years old (and connected to high-speed internet) should stream the presentations without issue.
- In some instances, your computer could have a virus or malware/adware that will slow it down and cause playback issues. Try scanning your system with a program like spybot search and destroy (it’s free, just google it) to fix these kinds of issues.
- The last frequent cause is the browser you using. We recommend the latest version of Firefox, Chrome or Safari. Internet Explorer will work, but must be version 9 or higher. Version 8 and older have known issues with streaming video.
If none these options don’t resolve your issues, please fill out a support ticket below and include as much detail as you can, including answers to the following questions. We will do our best to help you out.
- Are you getting an error message or are they just not playing when you click the play button?
- What browser are you using?
- What version of that browser?
- Go to speedtest.net and run a test, what speed does it say you have for download?
I want to share comments privately with a Mentor.
Yes, however you will need to purchase a Challenge Pass. For all session interviews, masterclasses and activities you may add comments at anytime with the option to edit available for 5 mins (the countdown timer will appear). Anyone from the community may comment and reply. This is great for asking for general advice around a topic.
However, you may have a specific problem that may require specific or more detailed advice, or if you just want to share private or confidential information. For this kind of feedback you can call on the startupacademy.org Mentor group, by simply clicking the “Share with Mentor” checkbox.
This will start a private thread that only startupacademy.org Mentors, who are bound by confidentiality agreements, can see or comment on. Because of time-lags however it may take time for responses, but we’ll get back to you. Please not we are unable to provide legal, tax or financial advice (see Legals for more details).
I purchased a Pass as a Gift but lost the link.
No problem. If you missed or lost the gift referral link from the confirmation page then you can easily retrieve by going to your profile here:
(You would have had your login details emailed to you when you purchased).
Please note however that the gift referral link will not be in any emails.
What is StartInno?
StartInno is the name of startupacademy.org’s owner and host. StartInno has been running for more than 2 years as an Incubator and Accelerator of more than 65 startups based out of the usual tech-hubs in Australia. startupacademy.org developed into a online product and platform in order to help reach startup knowledge into greater communities. Dr Dan Swan is founder of StartInno, cofounder of startupacademy.org and will host each of the Discovery, Incubator and Accelerator online academies.