Help! I can’t get the videos to play or they are skipping/playing slowly.
There are many possible reasons for this issue:
- Try using a different web browser. e.g.. If you’re using Chrome, try Firefox. Check that you can see video ok, for instance news sites around the world like http://cnn.com, http://bbc.co.uk and http://smh.com.au
- The main cause is likely your internet connection speed. High-speed internet is a must for viewing streaming videos. We recommend a connection speed of no less than 10 Mbps (though the video stream can work at less than that). Most cable and DSL providers offer this as their base minimum. Satellite internet, though considered high speed, generally will skip and pause due to the time it takes for the data to travel to space and back to your computer. You can test your internet connection speed for free at speedtest.net.
- Pause or disconnect and sync services that may be running in the background such as Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, etc.
- Another main cause is the speed of your computer. Computers less than 3 years old (and connected to high-speed internet) should stream the presentations without issue.
- In some instances, your computer could have a virus or malware/adware that will slow it down and cause playback issues. Try scanning your system with a program like spybot search and destroy (it’s free, just google it) to fix these kinds of issues.
- The last frequent cause is the browser you using. We recommend the latest version of Firefox, Chrome or Safari. Internet Explorer will work, but must be version 9 or higher. Version 8 and older have known issues with streaming video.
If none these options don’t resolve your issues, please fill out a support ticket below and include as much detail as you can, including answers to the following questions. We will do our best to help you out.
- Are you getting an error message or are they just not playing when you click the play button?
- What browser are you using?
- What version of that browser?
- Go to speedtest.net and run a test, what speed does it say you have for download?